Junats has one of the best little museums in NZ located right here at Te Kauri Lodge.
Our museum is brainchild of our very own historian/archaeologist/cave explorer/naturalist Chris Templer, and was built by Chris along with a dedicated team of Junat volunteers.
The museum features a splendid array of displays including...
- Fossils from the Kawhia area and beyond
- The local kauri industry
- Local geology
- History of the Kawhia area
- Early Maori settlement
- Local Maori chief Te Rauparaha and the musket wars
- European settlement
- Sailing ships
- History of the Junats club
- Many other fascination collections and things to learn about
This is yet another reason to come and visit Te Kauri Lodge.
Definitely not to be missed!
Click here to go to the home page.